Easter Training Camp April 2023
Port Macquarie - Hastings Mid North Coast Region, NSW
- Thursday 6th April (PM) - Monday 10th April 2023 (Lunch)
- Easter Public Holidays
- NSW Autumn School Holidays (last day of School Term 1 Thursday 6th April)
- Development - Performance focused endurance sport athletes/triathletes. Intermediate - experienced.
- Training / Race simulation on the IM & 70.3 Course
- Triathlon Australia Membership 2022/2023
- Schedule delivered via Training Peaks (free)
- Training routes & distances flexible for adjustment to suit athlete current fitness, experience and season goals (coach consultation)
- Daily review of program, pending weather & environmental conditions.
- Note - Monday 3rd April. 5 Weeks IM AUS / Port Mac 70.3
- AM Travel. School Term 1 finishes today (Easter/school holiday traffic). Recommend travelling early, working remotely, where possible.
- PM Pool Session, Port Macqurie Olympic Pool. www.ymcansw.org.au/centres/port-macquarie-olympic-pool/our-centre/
- Camp Welcome
Good Friday 7th April
- Public holiday. Most shops & services closed
- AM LONG BIKE - IM/70.3 Course familiarisation. Low aerobic foundation. Conversational pace.
- PM RUN - Intervals / Aerobic. Form & technique
- DINNER - Camp Sunset Picnic
Saturday 8th April
- AM RIDE - Aerobic. Port Macquarie - Laurieton
- PARK RUN, Laurieton, 8am. Support local community. www.parkrun.com.au/henrykendallreserve
- SWIM, Open Water Skills. Pilot Beach Reserve, Camden
- Morning Tea. North Brother Lookout.
- Workshop. Pre & post race week / race day planning
- PM SWIM, Pool. Wauchope www.ymcansw.org.au/centres/wauchope-memorial-pool/
- Special Guest Talk
- Evening free time
Easter Sunday, 9th April - SIMULATION Swim-Bike-Run
- Open Water or Pool Swim 45 - 75 mins. Hastings River.
- Long Bike, Port Macquarie IM/70.3 Course. Practice race day strategies, nutrition planning
- Run off the bike 90-150 minutes. Practice race day strategies, nutrition planning.
- PM WORKSHOP DEBRIEF. What went well, strengths, areas to improve. Key learning points.
- Dinner: Camp BBQ or Local Club Bistro
Easter Monday, 10th April (Note 4 weeks IM AUS/70.3)
- POOL SWIM - Recovery. Port Macquarie Olympic Pool.
- TRAIL/WALK/HIKE. Aerobic. 45-90 mins. Can include Port Macquarie Coastal Walk
- Special Guest Talk
- CAMP LUNCH (cafe/bistro). Celebrations & Close
Camp program subject to review & amendment closer to the date pending facility availability and Covid Safe Practice.
- Camp program, preparation, admin, bookings, training sessions, coach guidance & support: $500* per participant.
- *On-program Racing Heart Athletes 30% discount: $350 per participant
- *Racing Heart Group (off-program/program break) 20% discount: $400 per participant
- *Warringah Tri Club Northern Beaches / Goondiwindi Triathlon Club (RH affiliated Clubs) 20% discount: $400 per participant
- Refer a friend and share the experience. Friends suited to the camp are welcome to receive a complementary 20% discount. Please contact Bec with referral name for Camp Application & Discount Code.
- Fees exclude accommodation costs, travel expenses, pool entry, meals. Self managed by participant (personal preferences).
- Program delivered via Training Peaks (no additional fees)
- WhatsAPP Group - Daily essential information, updates, group pics of our experience.
- Minimum no. of athletes for camp to go ahead: 10
- Maximum no. of athletes: 20
- Expression of interest by 31st January 2023
- Director and Head Coach, Racing Heart Coaching
- Accredited TA Performance Coach 2022/2023
- Accredited CA Development Coach 2022+
- Australian Ironman Champion Port Macquarie, 2013
- 0410 166 639